Milk Jin Xuan Supreme by Tealyra
This has a beautiful buttery aroma when you first open the lid. At first taste you wonder why they don’t call it popcorn tea.
About the Purchase
This was bought in May 2016 on Amazon and the supplier is Tealyra. The price was a tad high but for the quality they are describing it’s a good value. This is my first Milk tea so I can’t speak of the quality except I do like it.
What Tealyra Says
Tealyra says this is their best Jin Xuan Milk Oolong, this is a luxury grade organic hand processed tea that comes straight from Taiwan.
The Process includes:
Handed down directions from generation to generation with specific attention to time, temperature, altitude and soil conditions, that makes this tea so unique.
Preparation and Brewing the Tea
Tealyra recommends 1 to 1.5 tsp of tea per 8oz/200ml of water. Heat water to 195F/90C and steep for 2-3 minutes.
My Process and brewing method
- Heated the water to 190f and rinsed 3 teaspoons of Milk Jin Xuan Supreme for about 20 seconds just before the tea started to unfold and then threw out the rinse.
- The first brew used water at 190f for about 25 seconds letting the leaves unfold. The next 4 brews or infusions were about 8 seconds.
June 2 2016
- Appearance The tea leaves are rolled into a small tight ball with a dark green color and the brews come out a light pale yellow.
- Nose When opening the bag you are engulfed with a beautiful flower – chocolate aroma.
- Taste On the tongue you’ll understand why they call this milk tea
- Texture The finish is a light texture that coats your mouth and throat